Chamber News – April 2021
2021 Theme –“WE WILL WE WILL ROCKFORD”
March minutes posted online.
Financial report (Amanda) Discussed renewal of the radio station underwriting – would like to if they would agree to doing live remotes during our seasonal festivals. Will contact Chris.
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings
New Ownership recognition to Grand Lake Dentistry – no date yet
GrassWorks Lawn Maintenance and Design – Blake King — no date yet
Reckless Woodworx – Joe and Amy Noll – not yet.
- Terry Gehm – Thank you plaque – who can present? Tom will work on this project.
- Marcia Ripley –– Thank you plaque – working on this with Jane Cozad with sample information from Marie. – update on May 1st open house – located at the Rockford United Methodist church. 1 – 3 pm. Talonda will be decorating. Lisa will be working with her. Cupcakes ordered 12 doz. Amber will order additional 12 doz cookies. Coffee and water as drinks. RUMC will let us decorate on Friday afternoon before. RUMC sent photos of layout. Press Release – unable to make the open house suggested card to PO BOX 282 ? Chamber to send invites to all members.
- Finished — “Thanks” membership information to Facebook
- Finished web site / email list should be updated with current memberships
- Next year – change up as we didn’t really reach a lot of people with the Facebook postings.
- The NOACC– Chambersaver program application – marketing activity – deadline April 30th. There is $1500 we are able to received upon meeting 3 goals. Let’s go for all 3 – Must have Anthem logo on our web site – done. Must have display table at an event – go for August. Side note – Found out that it can’t be labeled as a FESTIVAL ? Talk next meeting. And print ad / sharing Anthem benefits to members via email.
- Begin promotion – of 2021 Theme WE WILL ROCKFORD – SHIRTS / SWAG ETC. Jessica will begin working on t-shirt sales.
- Possible monthly Farmers Market? any updates ?
SpringFest updates –getting information from the Main Street businesses ?
Still need business to sponsor the Best Business Spring Deco – reach out to Wabash Communications.
and The Donkey Mom – Tom will check with New Horizons as they have her at the Summer bash each year.
Will send out a final notice to participate deadline of April 15thalong with business deco rules – 1 photo to be submitted to Marie. Will be creating an ½ page ad for the photo star and start sharing information on Facebook.
- May – Scholarship applications interviews 5th / presentation (19th) – Amber will go to interviews with Shelley as the back up.
Community Days meeting will be held on April 12th at 6 pm – Shanes Park if anyone can attend representing the Chamber. Shelley may be able to attend.
2021 Schedule of events:
* Virtual Speaker Series – what it takes to start up a business – 2021 goal
* April – Chamber Scholarship review applications
* May 1st – Rockford Spring Fest
* May – Present Chamber Scholarship Award
* June – Community Days
* Summer Event
* August 5 – 8th will be the Sunflower Festival – with fireworks and sunflower maze.
* August – Mercer County Leadership
* September – Chamber Business Grant promotions
* Fall Event
* October – Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year / Grant Awards and Business recognitions
* November / December – Membership Drive 2021
* Winter Event