Chamber News: August 2019
Welcome – 5 members present – Lucas, Tom, Laura, Marie, Lisa
July minutes – posted on web site
Financial report – Amanda absent – not much going on at this time.
Upcoming event updates
- We had meeting with Brand It for content for web site and directory production scheduled August and September
- Mercer County Leadership Scholarship – will not be sponsoring someone this year.
- 3rd Quarter Chamber Event – August 22nd – Rockford Library from 6 – 8 pm
- October 7 – Chamber Banquet – Person / Business of the YearGuest speaker – Tom will contact Bruce from The Winner’s Edge > Have you added staff?> Are you celebrating a business milestone?
- > Have you built a new facility/expanded your business?
- > Have you remodeled?
- Remind Chamber members – email / facebook that we are getting ready for celebration and ask members to report what they have done this past year.
- Deco – Rockford historical theme – borrow some items from SCHS
- Invitations – keep simple $20 is fair amount and simple for cost – all agree
Banquet – known information –
Anniversaries – A & A Greenhouse – 20 years
Brand It Marketing – 15 years
New Business –
Laura Putman Photography
Women in Business
Others listed below – haven’t had ribbon cutting yet
Stained Glass Paradise
Flour Power Sweets and Treats –
Wellness 365 – Saturday – August 24th – noon Grand Opening – contact Marie if you can attend
Second Crossing Brew Co – perhaps opening – October / November
- Add Reynolds as honorary member for all the support they have given for printing needs and also acknowledge with show of appreciation at banquet — vase – flowers — ideas still in the works
- Chamber Welcome Sign – South – in process – left message to request by Labor Day.
- Bicentennial – Grand Ball planning – maybe some mis communication.
Board has decided back in April that we would help with the Grand Ball with the following –
Decorations – Tolanda Walls
Appetizers – Rockford Carry Out
Invitations – design and mailing – flyers to photo star ?
Promotion – Social media
We are not equipped to handle the event details.
Several members going to next Bicentennial meeting- – September 9th at 7 pm
Our next Chamber Board meeting will be September 12th
- FYI – Jenny Armstrong going to work on Veterans Banners – working with Mercer Metal everything is coming aong.
- Veterans Memorial Fund Raiser – October 5th – flyer ready – help share Facebook posts !
- August –22nd – 3rd Quarter chamber member event – Rockford Library 6 – 8 pm
- October 5th – Veterans Memorial Fundraiser
- October 6th – set up for banquet
- October 7 – Chamber Banquet – (Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year)
- November / December – Membership Drive 2020
- November – 4th Quarter chamber member event