Chamber News – August 2020
Welcome – In person / Zoom meeting –
Marie, Tom, Amanda, Laura, Leah and Lisa
July Chamber minutes – posted online
Financial report – Amanda — Finances are looking a little better as the RADC paid the share of the directory and the web site updates. Thank you ! We are getting some generous donations toward our Grant program. We will take donations and applications until September 15th. So far we haven’t received any applications for the grant. Marie will be sharing the information again on Facebook.
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings
JNY Design – Wasn’t feeling good — maybe next month.
Peels Storage –
Rockford Belle Community Church
Potential member – JC Delivery
- Main Street committee has been formed ! Working on a Fall Event J — looking at quarterly events. A lot of ideas coming together. Also idea of having our radio station playing in the business area. It will serve make people aware that we have a radio station and hopefully local businesses will want to support and do some underwriting. We need to share ideas and events to be successful. Along with this the idea of Rockford Farmers Market – will be in touch with Barb Pedroza — tried to start a couple of years ago. Would need to take a survey to see if there is local interest and start getting some ideas together. We could work on this over the winter to begin in the spring. Most Markets run spring to fall.
- Need to do an Anthem Benefits print ad promotion – Oct / Nov with 2021 membership info.
- Decisions on the Citizen of the Year and Business of the Year — in the works
- Marie posted questions on Facebook last week — what business(es) would you like to see in Rockford ?
Update on information received from the post – a lot of varied and valid interest. We may look at offering classes about starting up a business and working with the business enterprise center at Wright State. Marie working to help people make some connections. And that is the main thing right now – we need communications !
- Doug Eyink – owner of the Post Office Building – looking to restore as historical preservation and will be looking into renovation ideas for more business in the downtown —- Marie to meet with him in August.
- We are moving in a positive motion. Let’s keep it going ! A lot of good conversation !
2020 Events —
* October – Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year
* November / December – Membership Drive 2021