Chamber News – August 2021
2021 Theme –“WE WILL WE WILL ROCKFORD”
July minutes posted online.
Financial report (Amanda) – not a lot of activity in July.
Reimbursement from Alspach Gearhart – Yes
2021 Theme WE WILL ROCKFORD – t-shirt sales – still have shirts for sale – promoted via Facebook.
Lisa to find out the cost to purchase the rest of the shirts. The Marketing Junkie and Rockford Carry Out to purchase to use for fundraisers. We will not be doing shirts in the fall.
We email approved the WCSM Panther promotion.
Leadership in action – received invoice this week. Should be good to go. Amber Enjoy ! Classes start September 2nd.
- Lyric Contest – Shelley sees the final prize recipient at the library and will deliver the last prize.
- Sunflower festival event –very successful. Have only heard good feedback. The Chamber was glad to help promote. Carry out had good food sales.
- Date for the FallFest – October 30th along with Trick or Treat
Need to update / post information to members, main street, vendors Facebook groups
Marie to update last years information with updated dates
10-2 pm downtown business promotions / vendors / food — what else ?
2 – 4 pm – The old time baseball games @ Shanes Park (canceled from Community Days)
5 – 6:30 pm – Trick or Treat in the Village
7 pm – Costume Judging and food at the Fire House – confirmed.
Business deco contest to be included – maybe just for Fall Fest and not for Spring.
- Anthem scheduled to give a presentation — September 9th meeting @ 8:30 ?
Will record and share with our members.
- Need to have a print ad that also promotes Anthem — can use the same as last year ? Will get a copy from the Photo Star of what we did so we can update.
- Board structure – September request volunteers
October – contact volunteers and/or reach out
November – wrap up 2022 leadership
December – Put leadership in place / make announcements
* September – Chamber Business Grant promotions / application – need updates by Friday – August 27th.
Membership grant – will work on donations instead of banquet again this year. Will offer a $2,000 grant for business or organization — all members are eligible to participate in the application process.
* October – Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year / Grant Awards and Business recognitions
(Could all be on during our Fall Fest event – tentative plan)
2022 – Chamber Directory ? quote – would be scheduled to be ready for SpringFest — what will it look like — and other decisions to discuss at the next meeting.
2022 – Chamber schedule of events – a start to keep up on track.
2022 – 1 chamber email per month – updates / upcoming events / deadlines to participate –
2021 Schedule of events: * November / December – Membership Drive 2022