Chamber News: February 2020
January minutes – posted online – to our New / Updated web site !
Financial report – Amanda unable to attend meeting.
Huge – THANK YOU – to Reynolds for printing the Bicentennial edition of the Chamber directory !
Upcoming Facebook / Web site work –
- Need to update the web site – with current membership — we only do this once per year
- Will look at color coding our community events at a later date
- Facebook postings – mention each member — Meet our Chamber Members ? Post one per day ?
- Will do the above once we have the official 2020 Membership information – the deadline to pay is passed.
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings
- Chamber Welcome Sign – South – in process – no time frame for completion – have called – not getting an answer L
• 1st quarter – Chamber Event – Dawn Kennedy – Entre Money Coach
Find your break though number ! – March 26 – 6 – 8 pm – Rockford Library
FREE to members – $5.00 for non members.
- Marie to meet with Jamie Green –to purse a Main Street Committee to become more active the
events in the downtown area . Others seems interested Second Crossing, Kidz Treehouse, Wellness 365, RCO
- Chamber Banquet – October 5th -– Marie working on ideas deco and speakers
- Check with – Sierra willing
to set in on scholarship interviews at Parkway
– Need to get date – April
- Marie will be backup
- Chamber will be donating $150.00 in Chamber gift certificates for the Bicentennial Queen contest on April 26th.
- Support of Rockford’s Mix 101.3 – will send out information to chamber members – review for next meeting.
Next Meeting – March 12th – 8 am
2020 Events / Goals –
Leadership for events – form a committee – especially in the downtown business area
Set up and promote – Rockford Community Calendar
New membership packet – goal for next year.
* April – Chamber Scholarship review applications
* May – Present Chamber Scholarship Award
* June – Community Days involvement – Work with RSP – Challenge Course
* August – Mercer County Leadership
* October – Chamber Banquet – (Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year)
* November / December – Membership Drive 2021