Chamber News – February 2021
Welcome – Marie, Lisa, Tom, Amanda and Shelley
2021 Theme –“WE WILL WE WILL ROCKFORD”
January minutes posted online.
Financial report (Amanda)
- Chamber getting low on $5 chamber bucks – quote for 1,000 re-create art – $95.00 –
Without numbers $345 and with numbers — $370.00. We have $10 and $25 increments so we will just continue with those amounts at this time. We will be looking at changing the whole process in the coming year to be ready for payments and gift certificate purchases online.
- WCSM – Back to School event – live broadcasts from Parkway – week of March 15th do we want to support with commercials? $295 The Committee decided – not at this time for this event.
- Cancer Association of Mercer County — donations for Reflections of Rockford ? Marie to see what they are needing. We sent information out to our Chamber members – it should be their responsibility to reach out and make their own donations.
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings
Several new business – GrassWorks Lawn Maintenance and Design –Blake King and
Reckless Woodworx – Joe and Amy Noll – will be doing ribbon cuttings when they are ready.
Also planning New Ownership recognition to Grand Lake Dentistry in a month or two as they work to get settled in Rockford.
- Vice President – anyone ?
- Need to post “Thanks” membership information to Facebook and tag businesses
- We have updated the email listing and the memberships on the web site.
- Several Rockford businesses have not completed membership information – will try to touch base with them.
- We submitted the NOACC membership agreement – they will review the website and contact us with any needed changes.
- Begin promotion – of 2021 Theme WE WILL ROCKFORD – SHIRTS / SWAG ETC.
- Possible monthly Farmers Market to start in April / May with 1st event – Vaughn?
- APRIL / MAY ? – Spring event – was posted on the Main Street page —
Tom taking on the leadership role has some ideas brewing – need to get that committee together to get a plan started.
- Event – fee schedule member vs non members – layout and food !
- We have a list of those that have said they are interested in volunteering – we will be reaching out to them for help with the first event!
2021 Schedule of events:
* 2021 Chamber membership drive – done by end of January
* Virtual Speaker Series – what it takes to start up a business – 2021 goal
* Spring Event
* April – Chamber Scholarship review applications – Marie
* May – Present Chamber Scholarship Award – Marie
* June – Community Days
* Summer Event/ August 5 – 8th will be the Sunflower Festival –
with fireworks and sunflower maze.
* August – Mercer County Leadership
* September – Chamber Business Grant promotions
* Fall Event – Halloween time ?
* October – Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year / Grant Awards and Business recognitions
* November / December – Membership Drive 2021
* Winter Event