Chamber News – February 2022
Welcome – New Board Members – Lacey Rizor – Second Crossing Brew Co / The Fix and
Ashley Stetler – WCSM
Started meeting with committee members answering — what good thing happened yesterday ? Need to start meetings with positive thoughts. Might be a new start to each meeting.
“WE WILL WE WILL ROCKFORD” – began theme after Covid in order to let our community know that we would be doing what we could to help support their businesses.
January minutes posted online.
Financial report (Amanda)
The Finances are looking good after memberships have been paid. Several more are on the way.
- Membership 2022 —updated on the web site. Sent reminders to several businesses that are usually regulars but haven’t heard from them.
- 2022 – Chamber Directory update Reynolds glad to help with printing. Estimated Spring Fest delivery and distribution. Depending on page count with organizational discount $800 to $1200 to be split between the Chamber and the Village. Formal quote coming.
- Spring Fest planning meeting – held via Zoom – 02/02/2022 –
Will be renamed Rockford Chamber Spring Fling — several other communities use the “Fest” with their events.
Event Date – April 30th beginning at 10 am —- no end time as vendors can stay as long as they want and events will be going into the evening at Second Crossing.
Ashley and Lacey will be contacting the Main Street businesses to see how they want to participate. Spring specials / business events — need information by March 15th.
Second Crossing will be opening at 10 am if vendors need anything or to use restroom facilities.
Rockford Library also open for restroom facilities.
Second Crossing food truck – Whatcha grindin opens at 11 am
Library – Spring Book sale / Mother’s Day take and make craft
Rockford Carry Out — will be doing something – haven’t made final decisions yet.
Amy Noll / family and Marie – will be working on the vendor event. Will be updating the pricing for the rain or shine event. The costs will be a little lower this time to get additional participation. Vendors need to have Contract to Exhibit back to Amy Noll by March 15th to be included on the map. Vendors can sign up after but will not be listed in marketing materials. We can accommodate 30 vendors – perhaps a couple more if we use the Fire Department lot and the empty lot in front of the Village Office.
Once vendor participation information is updated – we will email to members , do a press release and post on Facebook. Will create a Facebook event.
Contacted WRKD — about live remote – haven’t heard back.
Lisa / Amanda D. / Luke – Fundraising — discussed several ideas and settled on having a meat raffle – A Barry’s Family Box and maybe a turkey or 2 for 2nd and 3rd place winners. Also may have another raffle if we can get some items donated or sponsored by other members. Mentioned popcorn, honey baskets.
Will be making contact about fair tickets — Mercer and Van Wert. Ashley will make contact with Dayton Dragons.
Amanda D / First Financial – Business Decorating sponsorship —- Amanda P will contact Mr. Kuhn to see if we can get some groups of students partnered up with businesses for decorating. Students would be earning the prizes.
Marie – Van Wert Health – doing some health screening that day?
Ashley – ad package to Marie in 7 days.
First Financial – Financial Wellness presentations – Shelley – Check availability dates for events for months of April, July, September – library basement for 2 hours. Saturdays would by other option.
2022 – Schedule of Events
* April – Chamber Scholarship review applications
Spring Fest – 30th
* May – Present Chamber Scholarship Award
* June – Community Days
* August – Mercer County Leadership / Sunflower Festival /Fall Fest – set date / plan events
* September – 2022 Chamber Business Grant promotions
* October – Fall Fest / Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year / Grant Awards and Business recognitions
* November / December – Membership Drive 2023
Next meeting – Thursday – March 10th – 8:30 am