Chamber News – February 2023
Welcome – Happy Babies visiting too !
Congratulations to Barrys’ Family Market – 35 Year Anniversary!
- Financial Report – Amanda Peel
- Budget review — Finances looking good, 27 regular members did not renew yet reminders have been sent.
- 501c6 process – reviewed several questions on the application, we have sample by-laws to review and make any needed changes.
- Quickbooks – going very smooth with memberships / invoicing and getting online payments.
- Old Business — Chamber directory –
- internal proofing by the board
- Final proofing edits made with 2023 Memberships
- Send to Reynolds & Reynolds for printing
- Spring Fling – date: April 15th – 10 am – 3 pm
o Marie will attend the next Chamber meeting – regarding road closure / no parking areas
- Vendor market – Amy Noll and Ashley working together
- Vendors set up inside other businesses need register and pay fee
o Ability for vendors to pay registrations fees online – Amanda will need to send invoices to those wanting to pay online, otherwise the check and registration to Amy Noll to verify information and will get checks to Amanda.
o Main Street Business – Ashley will visit businesses
o Jim of Van Wert will facilitate the Car Show since Larry unable to this time.
registration $10 – $5 for door prizes / $5 to Chamber.
o Spin the Wheel – Ashley will take care of getting prizes – Kohls, bikes, Oriental Trading etc. Will be reimbursed for expenses with documentation and receipts – not a problem.
- Baily considering a 5K sponsored by So Peachy Clean and Second Crossing
- Shelley to contact the churches
- MARCH 15th deadline.
- Festival signage – might have some upstairs.
- Need Facebook posts, press release, and some graphics
- Will have meat raffle
Assign roles and responsibilities –
President – Mare Miller – facilitate meetings, approve motions, coordinate committees
1st Vice – Ashley Stetler – marketing / communications / event planning/ fundraising
2nd Vice – Lacey Rizor – Member benefits / potential new membership
Treasurer – Amanda Peel – Financials, invoicing,
Secretary – Lisa Kuhn – recording keeping, agendas, minutes, help with social media, website updates
- Update 2023 Membership for directory / web site
- Directory to printer
- Spring Fling – April 15th
- Parkway Scholarship interviews – April
- Parkway Scholarship presentation – May
- Community Days Parade – Citizen / Business of the Year / Scholarship Winner
- Mercer County Leadership
- Fall Fest
- Citizen of the Year
- Business of the Year
- New Business / Anniversaries recognitions
- Anthem Presentation
- Anthem ad
- Small Business Saturday
- Membership 2024