Chamber News: January 2020
January 9, 2020
Welcome – Happy New Year !
Officers for 2020 –
President – Marie Miller
Vice President – Lucas Luginbill
Treasury – Amanda Peel
Secretary – Lisa Kuhn
December minutes – posted online – to our New / Updated web site !
Financial report (Amanda)
Banners for Bicentennial – $2,000
Other expenses starting to come in. We are getting good responses for the Chamber membership drive.
January 15th is the deadline for 2020 Memberships.
Thank you to RADC for handing out Candy Canes and the Bicentennial Schedule of events.
Grand Celebration a huge success — reports are people want it to happen again. Bicentennial committee thinking if there is money left in the fund to have a Grand finale celebration. Thank you Rockford Carry Out for catering this event !
- Need to update the web site
- Facebook postings ?
- Chamber directory / Visitors guide to be printed this month !
Need to get them to local chambers / a Mercer Co Visitors Bureau
• 1st quarter Chamber Event – Dawn Kennedy – Entre Money Coach
Ready to Control Your Money & Make More of it?
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings / Facebook notices
- Second Crossing Brew Co – Saturday – January 25th at noon —
- Betsey’s Bouquets – – tentative January 25th
- Marketing Junkie – into the new year when Marie is ready – after January 15th.
- Chamber Welcome Sign – South – in process – no time frame for completion – have called – not getting an answer L
Jamie Green – Subway is going to purse a Main Street Committee to become more active the
events in the downtown area.
2020 Events / Goals –
Leadership for events – form a committee – especially in the downtown business area
Set up and promote – Rockford Community Calendar
New membership packet – goal for next year.
* 2020 Membership Drive – Should be done by end of January
* April – Chamber Scholarship review applications
* May – Present Chamber Scholarship Award
* June – Community Days involvement – Work with RSP – Challenge Course
* August – Mercer County Leadership
* October – Chamber Banquet – (Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year)
* November / December – Membership Drive 2021