Chamber News – January 2021
Marie, Vaughn, Shelley, and Lisa attending meeting
Introductions and appreciation to our new volunteers stepping up to help us promote the Rockford Chamber and our local businesses.
2021 Theme –“WE WILL, WE WILL ROCKFORD” — was discussed last fall. As in We will support Rockford, We will shop Rockford, We will partner with and promote Rockford. We plan to move ahead with the theme with t-shirts and chamber swag
Officers for 2021 –
President – Marie Miller
Vice President – anyone interested ?
Treasury – Amanda Peel
Secretary – Lisa Kuhn
Additional Board Members include – Tom Burtch, Leah Hays, Sierra Saylor – Welcome new Board Members Vaughn Davis, and Shelley Muhlenkamp
November minutes posted online. December meeting was canceled.
Financial report (Amanda) – bank balance $6725 — we really need to increase our revenues in order to fully support our plans for 2021. We increased dues for 2021 from $50 to $75 in order to add some revenue. May add additional $2000 if we are lucky. Would like to focus on more fundraising as our only income is membership fees.
Was noted regarding Chamber Gift Certificates – locations able to use. Most all local businesses will accept them even if not chamber members. We have our Chamber directory for list of businesses.
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings
- Will plan a New Ownership recognition to Grand Lake Dentistry in a month or two as they work to get settled in Rockford.
- 2021 Chamber memberships – deadline January 15th.
- Will need updated list to post “Thanks” membership information to Facebook- will work on updates in February – web site, email listings and Facebook link to web sites.
- Begin promotion – of 2021 Theme WE WILL, WE WILL ROCKFORD – SHIRTS / SWAG ETC.
Possible monthly Farmers Market to start in April ?
• 4 seasonal events — date ideas ?
All Fall Fest vendors received membership forms stating the first event was free — we will be developing a fee schedule member vs non members. Chamber members getting first priority. Also need to make sure we only have 1 vendor selling certain merch —- 3 vendors selling the same things most likely won’t be profitable for any of them. Work on the lay out of event. —- food options— ask the local food places about having specials and perhaps having extra workers so wait times are quicker. We appreciate all those involved in the success of the Fall Fest and want to keep that momentum going.
- Tom Burtch had mentioned taking over the Main Street Committee – need to verify with him that is still ok.
Was noted that August 5 – 8th will be the Sunflower Festival – with fireworks and sunflower maze.
Next meeting will be February 11th – 8:30 am – Make a Friend Day !
* 2021 Chamber membership drive – done by end of January
* Virtual Speaker Series – what it takes to start up a business – 2021 goal
* Spring Event
* April – Chamber Scholarship review applications
* May – Present Chamber Scholarship Award
* June – Community Days
* Summer Event
* August – Mercer County Leadership
* September – Chamber Business Grant promotions
* Fall Event
* October – Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year / Grant Awards and Business recognitions
* November / December – Membership Drive 2021
* Winter Event