Chamber News – January 2022
Welcome – New Board Member – Amanda Downey – First Financial.
Lacey Rizor – Second Crossing Brew Co – will attend the next meeting.
Theme continues –“WE WILL WE WILL ROCKFORD”
November minutes posted online – December meeting had been canceled.
Officers for 2022 –
President – Marie Miller
Vice President – anyone want to step up for Vice President?
Treasurer – Amanda Peel
Secretary – Lisa Kuhn
Board Members – Tom Burtch, Vaugh Davis, Shelley Muhlenkamp, Amber Subler
Financial report (Amanda) We are holding steady – 71 memberships signed up so far. Deadline is this weekend. Will send out some reminders. We have several new members this year. Yeah !
Upcoming – New Business relocating to Rockford – Hole Shot Accessories will be located corner of Main and Columbia St.
- Thanks to Brad Now – Rockford Council – for meeting with us and giving us some village updates at our November meeting. Marie meeting with Second Crossing later today regarding the DORA information Brad presented.
- Fall Fest– Added Amy Noll to the Main Street Group as she is willing to help with Spring Fest. Lisa will contact Amy with tentative date and begin some communications.
- Updated the Fall Fest Map — by putting the Main Street Businesses on the map as well. Feedback from a business.
- Chamber Business Grant presentation – Thanks Shelley for doing the presentation and getting a Photo. Congratulations to Mercer Metal.
- Congratulations to Second Crossing Brew Co ! – 2021 Business of the Year.
• Print ad that promotes Anthem — was done in November.
- Small Business Saturday ad – only received 1 notice so we did a general Shop Small in Rockford
- 2022 leadership — anyone / more volunteers – will contact for next meeting.
- Membership 2022 —sent reminders
- 2022 – Chamber Directory ? time donation ? / quote ? Need to finalize the printing and financial part –would like to rollout during SpringFest – started in the beginning stages. We will HIGHLIGHT/BOLD Chamber members and continue to have other businesses in the village represented as well. Will be meeting this week to discuss these details.
2022 – Schedule of Events
* 2022 Chamber membership drive – done by end of January
* Spring Event – schedule date / plan events
* April – Chamber Scholarship review applications
* April / May – SpringFest ?
Present Chamber Scholarship Award
* June – Community Days
* August – Mercer County Leadership Scholarship – open to Board members first
Fall Fest – set date / plan events
* September – 2022 Chamber Business Grant promotions
* Fall Fest
* October – Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year / Grant Awards and Business recognitions
* November / December – Membership Drive 2023
Membership drive once completed January 15 – 2022
Update web site with renewals / Facebook posts — a different strategy from last year was mentioned. We have had a good response so far and also some new members.
Spring Fest – tentative date – April 30th and start working on events – need to schedule a meeting Week of January 31st. Will contact the Main Street Committee for some suggested time / location. Did reach out to Parkway Carnival if they would make some consideration in joining us to provide events for children.
Van Wert Chamber offering – Social Media Boot Camp – Marie is involved with the presentation. Open to non members ? Need to check the details – the event is January 26th – over lunch at Willowbend.
Amanda from First Financial suggested using some of the resources that they already have in place to help small businesses Great idea ! Small Business information and growth. They offer classes free of charge. Such as Small Business information, work life, financial wellness, etc. Will discuss in February about putting on the Chamber schedule – as a quarterly event. Thank you !
Lisa to speak with Tammy Cheek about the next RADC meeting – Rockford 5 year growth plan.
Happy New Year !
Next meeting – Thursday – February 10, 2022 – 8:30 am – Village Hall