Chamber News: January 24, 2019
January 24, 2019
The meeting began at 8 am with the Executive Board – Marie Miller, Tom Burtch, Lisa Kuhn, Amanda and Andrew Peel and Lucas Luginbill
Board members unable to attend –Leah Hays, Laura Putman
Opening words – 2019 Focus – new leadership and focus on area businesses
President duties will be shared between Marie Miller and Twyla Hayes.
Vice President – Lucas Luginbill
Secretary – Lisa Kuhn
Treasurer – Amanda Peel. Lisa Kuhn to remain as a signer on the account with
Peoples Bank. Will need to remove the following signers – Mary Beougher, Bryan Sutton, and Terra Henkle.
Reviewed the Chamber finances and what projects we are committed to in the future. Motion Tom and 2nd Amanda to approve the report.
New Business – determine roles and responsibilities for each position.
We will have quarterly meetings with members.
It’s going to take a while to build a new culture. We need to concentrate on image, perception, and implement.
Marie – will work on a private Facebook page for all members in one place.
We (executive board) will communicate via the private Facebook page.
We will also be working on a Community Calendar. Lisa to get dates and events information by February 15th. Need to post events and send invitation to share events with us on a quarterly basis.
We are planning a Chamber appreciation event / meet the new officers.
February 27th – 5:30 – 7:30 – we will draft a press release and do an email invitation. “Rockford Chamber loves our members “
Tom will check with Jessica to order nice shirts for the Chamber Officers to look professional and people will know who is with the team.
Reviewed 2019 Events & Tasks
* 2019 Membership Drive – Should be done by end of January
* Update the Chamber membership phone list
* Update the Chamber membership booklet /Visitors Guide to be ready for 2020
* February 27 – Chamber appreciation / Meet new leadership
* April – Chamber Scholarship review applications
* May – Present Chamber Scholarship Award
* June – Community Days involvement – Work with RSP – Challenge Course
* July – Begin designs for the Bicentennial Banners – need 2 sets
* August – Mercer County Leadership
* October – Chamber Banquet – (Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year)
* November / December – Membership Drive 2020
Motion Lisa. Second Andrew to adjourn meeting.