Chamber News: July 2019
Welcome – 5 board members present.
June minutes – posted on Facebook for all to see !
Financial report – not much to report. Balance staying steady. We have several projects coming up we need to
Budget. The Bicentennial Chamber Directory and Visitors guide – a commemorative edition with more historical
and to include the Bicentennial year celebration of events. Lisa and Marie to meet next week to start working
on ideas and content. Brand It will be giving an official quote for their creative expertise in making this a good quality
Bicentennial edition. We also need to budget for the Chamber Banquet and the Grand Ball to ring in the new year.
We will be using this information to update the web site too! These projects will take place in August and September
and be ready for the October Chamber banquet….
Upcoming event updates
- July 31st deadlines – will send reminder email to those involved
- Mercer County Leadership Scholarship – have given information to Rockford Carry Out – might be interested.
- 3rd Quarter Chamber Event – 22nd – Rockford Library – 6 – 8 pm – Social media for business
- print directory, the street banners (need size and direction), website etc – August / September production
- may make book larger – need to check with Reynolds to see if that’s possible.
- October 7 – Chamber Banquet – Person / Business of the Year
- Working on details – more to come by next meeting.
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings / Facebook notices – will work on posting next couple of weeks.
Laura Putman Photography
- Stained Glass Paradise
- Mercer Metal
- Women in Business – photo post and FB page share is recommended
- SPC Photography
- Flour Power Sweets and Treats –
- Wellness 365 –
- Chamber Welcome Sign – South – in process – no time frame for completion – Will contact Dan Roebuck
Needs done by September if at all possible. Need to have project done by end of the year
- Bicentennial – Grand Ball planning
- FYI – Jenny Armstrong going to work on Veterans Banners
- Veterans Memorial Fund Raiser – October 5th – Ohio State game – chicken dinner local families putting together information – Hope to have flyer at the next meeting
- Update the Chamber membership booklet /Visitors Guide to be ready for 2020
- July – Begin designs for the Bicentennial Banners – need 2 sets
- August – Mercer County Leadership
- August – 3rd Quarter chamber member event
- October 6th – set up for banquet
- October 7 – Chamber Banquet – (Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year) – working on invitations
- To be mailed week of August 12th.
- November / December – Membership Drive 2020
- November – 4th Quarter chamber member event