Chamber News: June 13, 2019
June 13, 2019
Welcome – – Marie, Lisa, Lucas and Amanda present
May minutes – posted on web site
Financial report – not many transaction this month.
Upcoming event updates
- Rockford Community Days – Face Painting and Photo Booth – ready to go. Marie will collect money at 9 pm.
- Fun Challenge Canceled – to bad we didn’t have more interest. Maybe at another time of year perhaps – a fall event.
- Mercer County Leadership Scholarship – August deadline to find someone interested.
- 3rd Quarter Chamber Event – Tentative dates August 8th or 22nd. Will finalize at July meeting.
- Will be another social media class.
- print directory / website will begin updating in August. Will send email for a July 31st deadline for content.
- Banners – we will see how the Veterans banners go – may work on 1 nice banner for bicentennial. Current banner size is 18 x 36.
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings
- Stained Glass Paradise – will do ribbon cutting
- Mercer Metal – Share on page information on Facebook.
- Luginbill Construction- photo post and FB page share is recommended
- Laura Putman Photography – photo post and FB page share is recommended
- Curvy Closet – done
- Women in Business – photo post and FB page share is recommended
- SPC Photography – will share page information on Facebook
- Flour Power Sweets and Treats – will be at Festival of Arts – Community Days – need membership form
- Wellness 365 – will do ribbon cutting
- Chamber Welcome Sign – South – in process – no time frame for completion – will contact Dan Roebuck
- Chamber Banquet –Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year – deadline July 31st.
- Bicentennial – Grand Ball planning – will be coordinating the banquet and grand ball deco so we can save money. Thinking we will be going with a Gatsby direction. Gold / Black/ Champagne colors. Marie has started a pintrest board.
Meeting ended at 8:36
- 2019 Membership Drive
- July – Begin designs for the Bicentennial Banners – need 2 sets?
- August begin updates to Chamber membership booklet /Visitors Guide to be ready for 2020
- August – Mercer County Leadership
- August – 3rd Quarter chamber member event
- October – Chamber Banquet – (Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year)
- November / December – Membership Drive 2020
- November – 4th Quarter chamber member event