Chamber News – June 2020
Welcome – Zoom Meeting – 8:30 am With guest Randee Henson of Stolly Insurance — information regarding Anthem Benefits for Chamber members.
Randee – Anthem Presentation – presentation will be posted on the Chamber page (web site and Facebook) for other members to watch at their convenience. Will need to send the link to NOACC.
To complete the Anthem promotion we will do a print ad promotion with our 2021 membership drive.
Thank you Randee !
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings
JNY Design – need date / times – will send her an email
Rockford Belle Community Church – will contact
Peels Storage – will contact Robbie
- Will send emails once these are set up – whoever can make the ribbon cuttings is great !
- Chamber Welcome Sign – South – in process – no time frame for completion – have called – not getting an answer L
- Banquet determination – October 5th – Consensus is to cancel the banquet. We will be working on a letter and donation request in lieu of banquet dinner tickets and use proceeds to present some Chamber business grants. We will have a simple application process. The question to be considered– how will the funds be used to help out during this difficult year and/or benefit your business. —- T-shirt fundraiser talked about at last meeting maybe both fundraisers could work together for additional grants.
- We will still award a Citizen of the Year and a Business of the Year
- Scholarship was awarded to McKenna Johnson — press release done
2020 Events —
- October 5- Chamber Banquet has been canceled
October – Award Business Grants
October – Award – Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year
Presentation with plaque / flowers –
* October / November / December – Membership Drive 2021
Print ad with Anthem benefits — direct to web site to view presentation.
Next meeting – July 9th – be in think tank mode how the Chamber Business Grants will work.
Do we feel comfortable meeting in person — or continue with Zoom meetings ?