Chamber News – March 2021
2021 Theme –“WE WILL WE WILL ROCKFORD”
Welcome to Amber Subler of First Financial – joining us as a Board Member.
February minutes posted online.
Financial report (Amanda)
New memberships still slowly coming in otherwise not much activity.
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings
New Ownership recognition to Grand Lake Dentistry – coming discuss in April ?
GrassWorks Lawn Maintenance and Design – Blake King — Yes – will contact us.
Reckless Woodworx – Joe and Amy Noll – not yet.
- Vice President – anyone ?
- Working on this — post “Thanks” membership information to Facebook
- Email and web site should be updated with current memberships
- NOACC membership agreement – we have met all the criteria and received a free membership.
- Begin promotion – of 2021 Theme WE WILL ROCKFORD – SHIRTS / SWAG ETC.
- Possible monthly Farmers Market? This may not happen till summer / fall.
- MAY 1st Spring Fest – 9 am – 4 pm Vendor Market
30 vendors max – 10’ – $20 member / $30 non member
20’ – $40 member / $50 non member
1 vendor per product. — forms and information at Rockford Carry Out
- Springfest opportunities will be share via email and the Main Street / Vendor Facebook groups –
- Events considered so far – library make and take craft for Mothers Day – book sale, petting zoo, face painting, museum open – guest speaker – and maybe painting tiles for the Market Street mural – business deco contest, lyric writing contest to We Will, We Will Rockford with prizes, t-shirt sales, vendor market, and Main Street business promotions — information to Marie by March 19th if at all possible and Art Exhibit.
- Chamber and Village to share the costs Photo Star ad – Lisa will contact Photo Star to hold date and get quote.
- May – Scholarship applications interviews ( 4th/5th) / presentation (19th) ? Parkway not sure of dates and how it will look but want to get on our schedule. Will finalize at the April meeting.
2021 Schedule of events:
* Virtual Speaker Series – what it takes to start up a business – 2021 goal
* Spring Fest – May 1st – 9 am – 4 pm
* April – Chamber Scholarship review applications
* May 1st – Rockford Spring Fest
* May – Present Chamber Scholarship Award
* June – Community Days
* Summer Event
* August 5 – 8th will be the Sunflower Festival – with fireworks and sunflower maze.
* August – Mercer County Leadership
* September – Chamber Business Grant promotions
* Fall Event
* October – Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year / Grant Awards and Business recognitions
* November / December – Membership Drive 2021
* Winter Event