Chamber News – May 2021
2021 Theme –“WE WILL WE WILL ROCKFORD”
April minutes posted online.
Financial report (Amanda)
Reviewed finances. Chamber will put ad in The Daily Standard Bicentennial Keepsake edition – need to get Marie the size for ad.
WRKD radio – renew sponsorship – haven’t heard back from them about live remotes during events
Amanda will send invoice to Alspach Gearhart for reimbursement.
2021 Theme WE WILL ROCKFORD – t-shirt sales ? – haven’t heard any updates
Leadership in Action back for 2021 – Cost is $395 since we are Celina Chamber member —agreed if we can find a person interested – the Chamber would sponsor.
Approved supporting the Lions Club with $25 donation to the Car Show for a trophy.
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings
New Ownership recognition to Grand Lake Dentistry
GrassWorks Lawn Maintenance and Design – Blake King —
- Terry Gehm – Thank you plaque – need to drop off. Will work with Tom and Sheila Baltzell on a story. —– Card Shower is a go !
- SpringFest — success ! Feedback — we didn’t have as much but it was different which is good. 3 other Fests were going on the same day – which may have slowed ours down a bit. These FESTS are not all going to be the same. A complaint on the cost – thought it was a big jump from free to costing. We encourage vendors to be members to get the better rates. Idea was to have each vendor with cost donate a door prizes and have several prizes through out the event. Trimming the hours – 9 am little early and most was over by 3. All in all – was a beautiful sunny day and people enjoying getting out and visiting and walking around town.
- Winner of the Lyric Contest – let Marie handle this.
- Winner of the Business Deco Contest – Kidz Treehouse – Wabash will be making a presentation.
- Chamber scholarship award – Thank you Amber for doing interviews at Parkway High School – Dylan Hughes received award – presented – May 19th at 7 pm. Need to work on Press Release of Congratulations.
- The NOACC– Chambersaver program application – marketing activity – can not be a’festival’ but can be a business expo ? Perhaps August SummerFest / Business Expo ? Giving it a different look?
- Possible monthly Farmers Market? No updates at this time.
August Event – SummerFest / Business Expo ? — need to set date and give notice so members have plenty of time to prepare for event ! Time for us to Shine —- with the sunshine sunflowers theme ??? In the past there has been a Sock Hop/ Car show on Market St. — ideas with back to School – Parkway Fall Sports and Small band show – they are usually preforming the area county fairs ? other ideas for theme – Grow with Us or Spotlight on Members –
*in conjuction with August 5 – 8th will be the Sunflower Festival – with fireworks and sunflower maze.
Other ideas from Council — perhaps sponsoring a ‘Check-in” at Shanes Park – not sure how that works – maybe purchase a couple of our themed T-shirts for a give away ?
Meet and Greet with local business owners – businesses could also be guests on the radio station shows to introduce themselves and say what they have to offer our local area ?
Tentative dates for other events — Fall / and Winter ?
Next Meeting – June 17th – 8:30 am — Amanda unable to make the next meeting.
2021 Schedule of events:
* Virtual Speaker Series – what it takes to start up a business – 2021 goal
* June – Community Days
* Summer Event — with Sunflower Festival ?
* August 5 – 8th will be the Sunflower Festival – with fireworks and sunflower maze.
* August – Mercer County Leadership
* September – Chamber Business Grant promotions
* Fall Event
* October – Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year / Grant Awards and Business recognitions
* November / December – Membership Drive 2021
* Winter Event