Chamber News – November 2021
2021 Theme –“WE WILL WE WILL ROCKFORD”
Guest speaker – Brad Now – Village Council to discussed several of the upcoming village projects –
Next Summer – repaving Buckeye Street
Next Summer – Mercer through Rockford to county line repayment project
Old Water tower coming down
New Water tower – received grant for $850,000 – will still need village matching funds
Business Park — slowly coming together – moving forward with each step
Franklin Street discussions will be coming next year –
We have a busy year ahead. The council also in discussion regarding a DORA – Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area in the Main Street area. Coming up with guidelines and area and other specifics that would need to be approved by the village and then approved by the State. If approved by council and state this would lead to talks about more outdoor events/ entertainment in the main street area.
Marie – we will need some PR on some of these events like road projects and DORA (if apparoved) to let people know what and when things are happening. The DORA is just in beginning talking / research stages.
Will need to make sure the 4 businesses are on board — if 1 of them isn’t on board then it’s useless to continue discussions.
Thank you Brad for updating the Chamber on Village upcoming projects.
October minutes posted online.
Financial report (Amanda) unable to attend the meeting. Will email information later.
Fall Fest proceeds –
Photo star Fall Fest ad – $296.00
Business Grant donations = $
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings
- Fall Fest —- comments – received some feedback – even with the weather we had positive feedback. Some negative feedback was the traffic doesn’t slow down during the event — possible to get some signage to slow down for event ? Pricing of the events is thought to be to high. Will contact Amy Noll to see if she will take the lead for Spring Fest. Overall some things to work on but everyone seemed pleased with the event. Other idea was perhaps have the event the week before so we don’t conflict with Mendon and Willshire thereby increasing the event numbers.
- 2021 – Citizen of the Year presentation – congratulations to Reed Shaffer.
- Chamber Business Grant presentation – Congratulations to Mercer Metal
- Business of the Year / Grant Awards and Business recognitions – needs presented – still working on the details.
- Schedule business visits with plaques – There are 8 that need to be presented.
• Need to have a print ad that also promotes Anthem — November – revision then ok to print
- Small Business Saturday ad – November – deadline to submit November 15 – have only received 1 response. If we don’t get more we will do a general Shop Small Shop Rockford ad.
- Next year leadership — anyone / more volunteers – have a couple of leads but nothing specific yet
- Membership 2022 — mailed out to members / and potential members
- 2022 – Chamber Directory ? quote ? – would like to rollout during SpringFest – started in the beginning stages. We will include all business but HIGHLIGHT MEMBERS –
2022 – Chamber schedule of events.
Membership drive completed January 15 – 2022
Update web site with renewals
2022 Chamber Theme ?
Spring Fest – tentative dates ?