Chamber News – October 2020
Welcome – Marie, Lucas, Tom and Lisa
September Chamber minutes – posted online
Financial report (Amanda) via email – funds are low – really need someone to step up and take over fundraising!
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings
JNY Design – will add to the Fall Fest agenda
• Rockford Fall Fest – updates – we have 30 vendors that have signed up to participate. Marie met with Jessica Yoder and have the vendors mapped out along Main St. Will be sending set up information and chamber membership to the vendors next week. We are getting a lot of excitement for the event. We will be focusing efforts to promote the Main Street businesses. Since this is our first event – we are learning along the way and will not be charging a fee. We will be researching and charging for future events.
• Chamber Grant Assistance Program – some decisions have been made and will be made public soon.
• Mercer County Fairgrounds – Merry & Bright Christmas Lights – decision time ? Share information to our members without the Chamber commitment? Will contact Cara with some questions and get back with the Board.
• Citizen of the Year and Business of the Year – Award presentations ? Business / organizations anniversaries. Terry’s Trim recognize? Still working on this — will be done by the end of the year. Working out best way to do presentations.
• Laura and Lucas stepping down at the end of the year. Vaugh Davis has agreed to join us. Tom will take over the Main Street Committee at beginning of the year. Marie will still be President unless someone is interested in that position. We need several additional board members. Will reach out to a couple of people to see if they might take up the challenge !
• Chamber membership rates — with working to hold 4 events each year we really need more operating revenues. We will be adjusting our 2020 Membership rates to $75 in Mercer County. $100 outside Mercer County.
• Need to do an Anthem Benefits print ad promotion — Nov with 2021 membership info. Need to update our membership form – 2021 memberships to be mailed first of November –
• Virtual Speaker Series – what it takes to start up a business – 2021 goal
2020 Events —
* October – Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year
* November / December – Membership Drive 2021