Chamber News – October 2021
2021 Theme –“WE WILL WE WILL ROCKFORD”
Anthem presentation — September 9th meeting @ 8:30 with
Jordan Martin went very well. Went very well. Marie to get information posted on the Facebook page and will be referenced on the print ad.
September minutes posted online.
Financial report (Amanda)
Made $100 donation to Lions Club Auction. Received a $250 donation from Kidz Treehouse – from the SpringFest t-shirt sales! Received $1540 for the Grant program with additional $460 from the Chamber to make up the $2,000 grant that will be presented. We will be reviewing applications. Need list of donors to give a shout out – thank you.
FallFest – October 30th along with Trick or Treat
Flyers completed – Event / Vendors
Will contact Lacey to coordinate the Whatca Grindin truck and will contact Mrs. Wagner about someone to sing the National Anthem.
Will be working on a map to give to the vendors so they know where to set up.
Marie and Amber will be available to help vendor find locations – 8:30 am day of the event.
General Event timing:
10-2 pm downtown business promotions / vendor market / food
2 – 4 pm – The old time baseball games @ Shanes Park (canceled from Community Days)
5 – 6:30 pm – Trick or Treat in the Village
7 pm – Costume Judging and food at the Fire House – confirmed.
Business deco contest to be included – maybe just for Fall Fest
- October – Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year / Grant Awards and Business recognitions
- Need to schedule business visits with plaques —
• Need to have a print ad that also promotes Anthem — have last year’s ad – need to review with some updates — refer to Facebook page with Anthem video.…. Otherwise use the same. — November
- Small Business Saturday ad – November
- Next year leadership — anyone / more volunteers ?
- Membership 2022 — same rates / mail out in November with January 15th,2022 deadline
2022 – Chamber Directory ? quote ? – would like to rollout during SpringFest – in the beginning stages.
2022 – Chamber schedule of events.
2021 Schedule of events:
* November / December – Membership Drive 2022