Chamber News: September 2019
Welcome – 5 Members present – Marie, Lucas, Amanda, Leah, Lisa
August minutes were posted online web site and Facebook link.
Financial report – Amanda
Paid Chamber scholarship. Upcoming expenses – invitations, banquet, speaker, web site and directory,
Decorating (Tolanda) for Grand Celebration and appetizers (RCO).
Upcoming event updates
- October 5th – Veterans Memorial Fundraiser – They will leave tables and chair up after event for banquet set up.
- October 7 – Chamber Banquet –
Update program – Schoolhouse Farms 1862 – new business
Add Mercer Metal
Recognize – The Reynolds & Reynolds Company honorary member and show appreciation for
their generous donation to the Chamber for printing our directories.
sneak peeks of web site / directory at banquet
Citizen of the Year – story – Stacie Ford
Business of the Year – story – Twyla — Lisa to check on status
Promotional table available for Reynolds, The Laurels, and Brand It
Confirm decorating time with Twyla – Lisa to check on status and send message to board members to see if they can help.
Speaker – Coming together as a Community subject – 30 minutes tops.
In a week or so once RSVP start coming in – we may need to call businesses for reminders
- Grand Celebration — no longer wanting to call it a ‘ball’ — decisions from the Bicentennial
Committee meeting on Monday
Wedding style dress
Dueling Pianos – entertainment – 8:30 pm – 11:30 pm
30 community leaders to get 1 table filled – will be at least 240 attending –
Cost $30 per person – includes 2 drink tickets
Chamber to decorate – Tolanda – but sounds like entertainment provides some lighting?
Chamber to organize appetizers – RCO
Chamber to promote – press releases / Facebook with information provided by the Bicentennial committee.
Fireworks – midnight
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings / Facebook notices
- Stained Glass Paradise – at banquet photo / information ?
- Betsey’s Bouquets ?
- Second Crossing Brew Co ?
- Chamber Welcome Sign – South – in process – no time frame for completion – have called – not getting an answer L
• 3rd Quarter Chamber Event – no one showed up…. Do we even continue ?
Yes – we will continue but not until after the first of the year. Maybe such things as Henkle presentation
on insurance needs, Friend does business financial planning presentations. There are other
topics beside social media.
Next meeting – October 10th at 8 am
Discuss officers for next year. Possible a couple of new board members.
New membership packet – goal for next year
Membership drive for 2020 – get information updated and in the mail.
- Working on – Update the Chamber membership booklet /Visitors Guide to be ready for 2020
- Working on – Begin designs for the Bicentennial Banners – need 2 sets
- October 7 – Chamber Banquet – (Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year)
- November / December – Membership Drive 2020