Chamber News – September 2020
Welcome – Marie, Lucas, Lisa – and Laura on Zoom
August Chamber minutes – posted online
Financial report (Amanda) via email. We have received $1600 for the Grant Award. THANK YOU to the following – Brandt Construction, Dick and Karen Sapp, First Financial Bank, Henkle Insurance, His N Hers, Joyce Emans, Luginbill Construction,
M.Bruns PLBG, The Marketing Junkie, Marlene Roebuck, Mike and Janet Riley, Nancy Leighner, Rockford American Legion, Rockford Carry Out, Rockford RoadDog, S & B Coin Laundry, Sandy Schaffner, The Fremont Company, Wabash Mutual Telephone Company, Parkway Independent…. Thank you again for supporting our first grant program! We will be reviewing applications and will be presenting awards at the Fall Fest on October 31st. Board to review and give feedback by September 24th. Interviews on October 1st.
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings
JNY Design – will add to the Fall Fest agenda
- Main Street committee has been formed ! Working on a Fall Fest event on October 31st – 5K in the morning, Library Make and Take projects. Vendor market, chicken dinners, live music, axe throwing, adult costume judging, photo booth and more ! Working to have marketing information ready for next week. Several other t-shirt fundraisers going so we will put ours on hold till Holiday or Spring event.
- Need to do an Anthem Benefits print ad promotion – Oct / Nov with 2021 membership info.
- Citizen of the Year and Business of the Year — Awards at Fall Fest. Will contact Jane Cozad about ordering awards.
Also business anniversary awards and award / recognition of Terry Gehm of Terry’s Trim for YEARS of serving Rockford.
- Vaugh Davis would like to invite Vaugh to the Board and take charge of the Farmers Market – Marie to contact.
- Laura stepping down at the end of the year. We need several other board members. Lucas continue as VP ?
- Next meeting discuss our Chamber membership rates — with working to hold 4 events each year we really need more operating revenues. Local chamber members 1 price – outside Mercer County another price.
- Virtual speaker series about starting businesses – haven’t heard from other chambers and haven’t heard from the business enterprise center. No problem to put on hold till next year.
- Mercer County Fairgrounds – Merry & Bright Christmas Lights — will be sending information to chambers. Cost to Chamber $500. Discount admissions to the Light display after supporting local businesses.
- Virtual Speaker Series – what it takes to start up a business
2020 Events —
* October – Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year
* November / December – Membership Drive 2021