Chamber News – September 2023
Welcome —- Guests – Ron Searight – Rockford Mayor Candidate gave introduction and some ideas he would like to implement if being elected. Amy Wendel – Wabash Communications – Congratulations on winning $25 Chamber Gift Certificate. Wabash is involved in other county Chambers and would like to become involved with Rockford too. Glad to have Amy join us and looking forward to Amy or another representative to begin attending our meetings.
- Financial Report – Amanda Peel – not much activity at this time. Balance in account roughly $24,000. Will be looking at increasing that with Rocktoberfest !
- Old Business —
Chamber directory – Brand It Marketing – giving us a generous discount with trade of an ad in the book. All agreed to move forward – couple ideas to add civic groups page and Fire Department special acknowledgement.
WCSM – Commercials — Ashley Stetler – Thanks for handling this !
Leadership Class– Shelley Muhlenkamp – seems like a really good program and looking forward to each session. First official session – communications – is next week.
- New Business –
- Lacey – Fall Festival updates – approx. 34 vendors – another committee meeting on Sunday. Need to make a flyer for the tractor ride route and invite the community to decorate for fall. Several sponsorships have come in for kids games. Looking at renting tents from Muhlenkamp Tent rentals. Mercer Health providing Panther sling bags – very nice. Several food trucks. Chamber information booth near the Village Office. Parking ok at Tuway lot. Bruns gave permission for kids games in the empty lot on Main Street. Possible petting zoo, mini car show. New Horizons planning open house, trunk or treat, free meals. Eagles – need to get their event information. RADC looking to have a dedication of the finished mural on Market St. — LOTS OF FUN going on !
- Fall Festival Marketing –
September – Ads / flyers / Promotion of Fall Fest –
October – Continue to promote and update ad / flyers as needed.
- Chamber to pay for ads – Photo Star / Daily Standard / Times Bulletin
- Donation request from Local Area Mission Group – in Mendon – quarter auction.
Committee approved donated 2 – $25 Chamber gift certificates.
o Citizen of the Year – made contact with previous recipients
o Business of the Year – made contact with previous business
o New Business / Anniversaries recognitions
The Fix – 5 years
Rock Solid Performance – 5 years
Homes at Ohio’s Edge Realty – 5 years.
First Financial Bank – 160 years.
Reynolds & Reynolds – 75 year anniversary
New Business –
Rockford Cabinet Co.
New Ownership / Rebrand
Shae Thomas – SLTees
- Anthem Presentation – November 9th meeting
- Anthem ad – with Breakfast / speaker
- Small Business Saturday
- Membership 2024 – new deadline December 15th ? in order to do updates for Chamber / Rockford directory.
- Looking Ahead to 2024 —- work on Business Spotlight Idea