Meeting Minutes: April 07, 2009
RECORD OF PROCEDINGS :
Council called to order by Mayor Amy Joseph on
Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 7:00 pm at the Rockford Village Hall.
Invocation was given by Gene Steiner Pledge of Allegiance
Those present: Gehle, Steiner, McKee, Pontsler, Searight -late, Rutledge-absent Also attending: Judy Koesters, Chief May, Jeff Long, Sergeant Stetler
Motion Steiner. Second McKee to accept Agenda as Orders of the Day.
Gehle called for the question. Steiner = y, McKee = y, Gehle = y, Pontsler = y. Passed 4 yes.
Motion: Gehle. Second Pontsler to accept the minutes from the
March 17, 2009 as submitted by the Fiscal Officer. McKee called for the question. Gehle = y, Pontsler = y, McKee = y, Steiner = y.
Passed 4 yes.
Visitors to Address Council:
Mayor’s Report and Correspondence:
Village Administrator’s Report – Jeff Long
1. Review of South Main Street Project:
A. Project has started with grinding of asphalt.
B. Need a Motion to approve change order #1. Increase of
$17,225.15. This is a result of the need to change the storm water collection lines. Is included in the funding.
Motion: McKee, Second Steiner to approve change order #1. Gehle called for the question. McKee = y, Steiner = y, Gehle = y,
Pontsler = y. Passed 4 yes.
C. Need a motion to approve application for payment. This is for $18,674.10 which represents stored materials less 8% retainage to Tom’s Construction and $22,500 to Fanning/Howey.
Motion Gehle, Second Pontsler to approve payment. McKee called for the question. Gehle = y, Pontsler = y, McKee = y, Steiner = y.
Passed 4 yes.
D. Need a motion to enter into contract with CTL for material testing and inspection for $20,049.50. Is included in the funding.
Motion: McKee. Second Pontsler. Gehle called for the question. McKee = y, Pontsler = y, Gehle = y, Steiner = y. Passed 4 yes.
- Water Treatment Plant. Advertising will be April 22 & 29th and May 6th. Bids to be opened at 11:00 am on May 13th.
- Meyers Trailer Court. Mr. Meyers has stated in a letter that he will install new water lines, pave the driveway, and upgrade the electrical service at the trailer court. He requests that water meters be installed and the tenants be billed directly for utility service, and that debt service be removed from lots that do not use the utility service. Jeff to contact. Need completion dates.
- Current Energy Solutions. Received a proposal from this company that says they can reduce electric bills by a minimum of 8.5%. I would like this go to the Utility Committee for review.
- Stimulus Funds.
A. Ohio EPA currently estimates distribution of drinking water andwater pollution control stimulus funds will total approximately $276.5 million. Currently, Ohio EPA has received project funding requests of approximately $4 billion.
- US EPA issued final guidelines to states March 2, 2009 regarding the award and administration of stimulus funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. In this guidance US EPA recommends that states submit applications as soon as possible. A total of $15,000 project interest forms have been submitted to Ohio.
- IhavebeencontactedbytheOhioEPANorthwestDistrictOffice with a series of questions concerning our water treatment plant project. These dealt with completing a form for Green Project Determination. One thing to our advantage is the existing pumps are at 56% efficient and will be replaced by 80% efficient pumps. I realize us receiving funding is against great odd but at least this project is still in the hunt. I have heard nothing concerning the Wastewater Treatment Proposal, but as mentioned the Ohio EPA has many projects to review in a short time.
- One other item regarding the Green Project Determination it will help that we are installing water meters. This means we will save energy and use less water.
E. Will be going to Findlay to a meeting with US Representative and Senators regarding stimulus funding.
6. Last item. I need a motion to approve DP &L to set one pole for power feed to the Water Plant. (three phase)
Motion McKee. Second Pontsler. Gehle called for the question. McKee = y, Pontsler = y, Gehle = y. Steiner = y. Passed 4 yes.
Other topics discussed:
Bricks from South Main St. Project. A different brick that what was on Main Street. Historical Society may want some. They are a much older soft brick. Probably from horse and buggy days.
Several issues brought up regarding building looks in the downtown area. Jeff to send some letters to find out intention of owners.
Fire Department questions. List of low performing hydrants and maps.
Lines that need replaced – South, Columbia, Second, First streets and 33.
Jeff will attend the next Fire Department Meeting to educate and discuss these items. First Thursday in May at 7:30. (May 7th) Also discussed marking hydrants with low flow so that other departments that help with fires can be made aware of which hydrants they should use.
People outside the corporation have been contacted regarding joining the corporation. Benefits – Police protection and water and sewer. May need to come up with some agreements. No definite answers to date.
Finance Committee: Todd McKee
Motion Steiner Second Pontsler to pay bills in the amount of $29,633.96 as submitted by the Fiscal Officer. Gehle called for the question. Steiner = y, Pontsler = y, Gehle = y, McKee = y, Searight = y. Passed 5 yes.
Motion Pontsler. Second Gehle to accept Mayors Court pay in of $276.00. Searight called for the question. Pontsler = y, Gehle = y, Searight = y, Steiner = y, McKee = y. Passed 5 yes.
Motion Searight. Second Gehle to approve Fund 2902 as the Fire Levy Fund. Pontsler called for the question. Searight = y, Gehle = y, Pontsler = y, Steiner = y, McKee = y, Passed 5 yes.
Paul submitted 2 bids to get the front fender fixed at $468 and $580 plus decals. For an extra $200 we can get the painting done to match the Black and White.
Motion Gehle Second Searight to accept the $800 estimate for fixing fender, painting, and decals. Pontsler called for the question. Gehle = y, Searight = y, Pontsler = y, Steiner = y, McKee =y. Passed 5 yes.
Service Committee: Steve Gehle
Scheduled a Service Committee Meeting next Tuesday the 14th at 7:30 pm. Discussing guidelines for clean up day.
Safety Committee: Kathy Rutledge – absent
Economic Development Committee: Eugene Steiner
Scheduled a Economic Development Committee Meeting next Monday the 13th at 7:00 pm. Discussing the RADC and review of surveys.
Public Utilities Committee: Greg Pontsler
Waiting on information regarding Water Plant Project and stimulus funds. Will be setting up a Utilities Committee meeting in near future.
Rules Committee: Ron Searight
Scheduled a Rules Committee Meeting next Tuesday the 14th at 8 pm.
No Parking sign near Community Building. Jeff to look into different ideas.
Meeting adjourned 8:03 pm.