Meeting Minutes: April 1, 2014
RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS:
Council called to order by Mayor Amy Joseph on
Tuesday, April 1, 2014 at 7:30 pm at the Rockford Village Hall.
Invocation was given by Gene Steiner
Pledge of Allegiance
Those present: Steiner, Fox, Pontsler, Dooley, Heitkamp
Also attending: Jeff Long, Jim Crocker, Srgt Stetler, , and Amy K from the Daily Standard.
Motion Steiner. Second Pontsler to accept the agenda as orders of the day. Fox called for the question. Steiner = y, Pontsler = y, Fox = y, Dooley = y, Heitkamp = y. Passed 5 yes.
Motion: Dooley. Second Pontsler to accept the minutes from the March 18 , 2014 council meetings as presented. Fox called for the question. Dooley = y, Pontsler = y, Fox = y, Steiner = y, Heitkamp = y. Passed 5 yes.
Visitors to Address Council:
Jim Crocker announced that the FCC has approved the Rockford radio station construction permit. We have 18 months from March 27 to be up and running. We will be located at 101.3 – RKD will be call sign. Antenna and transmitter are the big ticket items. Cost will be approx. $2,000. We will begin looking for donations.
Thank you to Jim for all the hard work involved in getting this to become a reality.
Mayor’s Report and Correspondence:
- Rockford Community Days Meeting – April 2 at 7 pm.
- The Community Days Committee will be sponsoring a Wine Tasting on April 12th from 7 to 10 pm. Please RSVP to rcdwinetasting or call 419-363-3032 ext 1.
- The Rockford Chamber is holding a Spring Flower Bulb sale. Information available at the Village office or check the Rockford Ohio Chamber of Commerce on Facebook. Deadline April 15th.
- The Rockford Lions Club Variety Show will take place at the Parkway High School Auditorium on April 4th and 5th.
- Shanes Park Easter Egg Hunt will be April 19th at 1 pm.
Village Administrator’s Report – Jeff Long
Beginning the 2nd Tuesday of the month we will begin picking up brush.
We have begun working on pot holes.
Park restrooms are now open.
We will be doing a river survey complete with pictures for the grant request.
Finance Committee – Chris Heitkamp
Motion Pontsler to pay the bills in the amount of $12,879.74. Second Dooley. Fox called for the question. Pontsler = y, Dooley = y, Fox = y, Steiner = y, Heitkamp = y. Passed 5 yes.
Need to get levy information to the public. Committee meeting scheduled for April 8th at 7 pm
Service Committee: Greg Pontsler
Waiting on quotes from several companies regarding cameras at the park.
Service committee meeting scheduled for April 10th at 7 pm
Safety Committee: Gary Fox
Nothing at this time.
Economic Development Committee: Gene Steiner
The Carry out and corner lot have been purchased.
Public Utilities Committee: Steve Gehle
Encourage residents to get the income survey completed.
Rules Committee: John Dooley
Nothing at this time.
- Spring cleaning – back to working on cleaning up the village.
Matt Suzuki ?