Meeting Minutes: June 16, 2009
RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS:
Council called to order by Mayor Amy Joseph on
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 7:30 pm at the Rockford Village Hall.
Invocation was given by Gene Steiner Pledge of Allegiance
Those present: Gehle, Steiner, McKee, Searight, Rutledge Pontsler – absent. Also attending: Jeff Long, Sergeant Stetler
Motion Searight. Second McKee to accept Agenda as Orders of the Day. Gehle called for the question. Searight = y, McKee = y, Gehle = y, Steiner = y, Rutledge = y. Passed 5 yes.
Motion: Gehle. Second Searight to accept the minutes from the
June 2nd, 2009 as submitted by the Fiscal Officer. Rutledge called for the question. Gehle = y, Searight = y, Rutledge = y, Steiner = y,
McKee = y. Passed 5 yes.
Visitors to Address Council:
Mayor’s Report and Correspondence:
Rockford Community Days is this weekend – Hope everyone can come to the park and enjoy ~ ~ ~ Fun, Food, Friendship !
Village Administrator’s Report – Jeff Long
- Water Treatment Plant – will be meeting with Brice from Fanning/Howey, Mosser Construction, and Tonka sales rep on June 18th at 9 am. This meeting is to discuss Mosser’s experience on building water treatment plants and also the proposed water treatment equipment.
- South Main Street Reconstruction Project:
a. Motion McKee. Second Gehle to approve pay application #4 to Tom’s Construction. The invoice amount is $239,029.45, which will be paid entirely by OPWC. Searight called for the question. McKee = y, Gehle = y, Searight = y, Steiner = y, Rutledge = y. Passed 5 yes.
- Motion Searight. Second Rutledge to pay Shinn Brothers pay application #2. The amount is for $25,759.00 of which ODOT is paying $20,607.20 and OPWC to pay $5,151.80. Gehle called for the question. Searight = y, Rutledge = y, Gehle = y, Steiner = y, McKee = y. Passed 5 yes.
- Motion Gehle. Second McKee to approve change order #3 for Tom’s Construction. Had to dig deeper to get a good base. Searight called for the question. Gehle = y, McKee = y, Searight = y, Steiner = y, Rutledge = y. Passed 5 yes.
- Motion McKee. Second Rutledge to approve CTL pay request #1 for $1,085.40 of which ODOT will pay $868.32 and OPWC will pay $217.08. Gehle called for the question. McKee = y, Rutledge = y, Gehle = y, Steiner = y, Searight = y. Passed 5 yes.
3. June 22, 2009 will be the first meeting of Representative Latta’s Economic Advisory Group.
4. Preparation for the Rockford Community Days this weekend going well.
Finance Committee: Todd McKee Budget Hearing schedule for July 7th at 7:15 pm.
Finance Meeting held on 06/08/09 – finances are definitely down from last year, but also spending less. Approximately $16,000 down. Had some discussion and will not be making any adjustments at this time. Decided to hold monthly meetings to review finances. Next scheduled meeting July 13th at 7pm. Thanks to all who attended meeting.
Motion Searight, Second Rutlege to pay bills in the amount of $85,403.30 as submitted by the Fiscal Officer. Majority of bills were loan payments and fire protection. Gehle called for the question. Searight = y, Rutledge = y, Gehle = y, Steiner = y, McKee = y. Passed 5 yes.
Service Committee: Steve Gehle
Safety Committee: Kathy Rutledge
Economic Development Committee: Eugene Steiner
Committee meeting was held on June 8th at 7:30 pm. Discussed items of what we need to be doing and Community Days.
RADC reports they have a new traffic flow report to give to fast food restaurants and other businesses that might be interested in Rockford.
RADC held meeting on 15th to make sure everything is ready for Community Days. Have sold 290 pre-sale tickets for the Pork Chop on a Stick. There will be a meeting on the 29th to review Community Days to discuss what went right or wrong. Will be discussing another program for this summer.
Public Utilities Committee: Greg Pontsler Rules Committee: Ron Searight
Discussed several issues regarding sign at business, rubbish at properties, and dumping of trash in Main Street receptacles.
Haven’t seen a police report recently. Would like to receive them on a monthly basis.
Village employees cleaned out a drain. Will have to look into problem if it continues.
Discussed tax issues – to Judy for legal opinion – possible changes to Ordinance.
Meeting adjourned 7:57 pm.