Chamber News – November 2020
Welcome – Marie, Lucas, Laura, Amanda, Lisa present.
October Chamber minutes – posted online
Financial report (Amanda) — Membership letters have been mailed so we will have some income coming in. We are doing a half page ad for Small Business Saturday – with the Village helping in paying half since our funds are so low.
Upcoming – Ribbon Cuttings
- Rockford Fall Fest J – updates – was a success ! Beautiful day lots of people out and about. 5K good turn out and the library had a lot of visitors for the take and make craft. Wellness reported a record number for a Saturday. Things to work on for next year —- try to make sure all businesses know what is scheduled for the day and maybe porta pots. Need to make sure the food establishments have extra help for the day — First Financial won the best business deco contest ! Wabash Communications will be awarding the prize and they are willing to offer the prize for the best Christmas Business deco prize. Chamber members that would be interested in using some of the Village decorations are welcome to call for an appointment to see what is available. Another way to help businesses save money and participate in the contest. The business decorations make the town look inviting and festive ! Thanks for all the participation!
- Chamber Grant Assistance Program – – Amanda to write checks and Marie will present. Will do a press release to make the announcements.
- Citizen of the Year and Business of the Year – Award presentations still in the works. Business / organizations anniversaries / new businesses will go ahead and present those and take photos will do a press release to celebrate these accomplishments. Terry’s (Gehm) Trim and Dr. Granger (dentist) retiring – will be recognized with a presentation.
- Laura / Lucas stepping down at the end of the year. We need several other board members. Added Vaughn Davis.
Any others ? Contacted Shelley Muhlenkamp — ps she said yes ! Also mentioned to First Financial – Gaylene will get back with us.
- 2021 Chamber memberships have been mailed. Potential membership list ? Need to contact Leah.
- Anthem Benefits print ad promotion – should be in the Photo Star this week and also posted online and on the web site. — we have met the requirements for NOACC and Anthem promotions.
- Small Business Saturday ad and promotions? Sent letter to all members to participate. We have a great ad ready for photo star — doing black and white in the paper to save money and will use the color ad for Facebook promotions !
- Grand Lake Visitors Guide —- General — Visit Historic Rockford ? Shop Small in Rockford ? maybe something for the Bicentennial group. Will share the information with Chamber members so they have opportunity if they want to participate.
2020 Events —
* November / December – Membership Drive 2021
- WE WILL ROCKFORD — theme to kick off the new year — shirts / swag etc !
• Virtual Speaker Series – what it takes to start up a business
- 4 Seasonal events