Meeting Minutes: January 14, 2016
January 14, 2016
Meeting was brought to order by Newly Elected President Mary Beougher at 8 am at the Rockford Village Office. Mary welcomed 6 members to the meeting.
2016 Officers President Mary Beougher. Vice President – Jamie Green unable to attend. Lisa Kuhn – Secretary / Treasurer
Read minutes from the December meeting – all approved.
Reviewed the financial statement. We received $563 from NOACC to provide some Anthem marketing. We have been getting some new chamber membership because of the Anthem discount. If your business is currently providing Anthem insurance, please contact your insurance rep to let them know that you are a member of the Rockford Chamber to get your Anthem discount. The General Fund has a balance of $2179.85. We have set aside $1000 for the Welcome sign on 118 North . We also set aside the $600 to the 2016 Scholarship Award that the Chamber gives to a Parkway senior in May.
The 2016 Chamber Membership Drive will continue until the end of March.
We will be updating the phone list and the Business Directory this year.
We will begin with trying to get some new pictures for the directory. We will put out a press release and ask the public to share local pictures of the Rockford Area that will be considered for our directory. Photos collected may be used for some other advertising and / or photo contest to be decided at the next meeting.
We will verify that Brand It Market will be helping with updates.
We will be looking at some cost saving options on getting directories printed.
We will be asking the Village, RADC and the Historical Society to help us with content and costs the last time the chamber took on the full cost with the 2014/15 booklet.
Reviewed upcoming events and deadlines
2016 Events –
* Update the Chamber membership phone list – March
* Update the Chamber membership booklet – March – ready by May 1st ?
* Welcome Sign 118 North – by June ?
* Chamber Scholarship Award / Presentation- May
* Community Days involvement – June
* Mercer County Leadership
* Work with Mike Bruns to continue the Sock Hop – August
* Chamber Banquet – October (Citizen of the Year / Business of the Year)
* Christmas at the Park – November
Mary suggested that everyone bring a friend to the next meeting !
* suggestion after the meeting by Larry to get out the ice cream machine for the sock hop as a fundraiser.. He will meet with Doug Hole to discuss and invite him to the next meeting.